Carrie A. Houssock, MD
After completing her undergraduate degree in biology at Franklin and Marshall College, Dr. Carrie A. Houssock earned her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College. She went on to complete an internship and residency in general surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, where she earned a number of Excellence in Teaching Awards and the Gibbon Surgical Society Award. In 2014, Dr. Houssock then began an independent track residency in plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Upon completion of her residency, Dr. James Vogel invited Dr. Houssock to join his practice as an associate. Carrie A. Houssock, MD, brings a great deal of education and experience to our practice. Her expertise includes a wide range of plastic and reconstructive surgery procedures, hair transplantation, and injectable cosmetic treatments:
- Breast Surgery: Breast augmentation, reduction, reconstruction, and revision
- Body Surgery: Liposuction, tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), arm lift (brachioplasty), thigh plasty, Brazilian butt lift, and labiaplasty
- Facial Surgery: Facelift, upper and lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), brow lift, neck lift, Mohs reconstruction, and excision and reconstruction of skin cancers
- Hair Transplantation: Scalp, beard, and eyebrows
- Injectable Treatments: BOTOX® Cosmetic, dermal fillers, and fat grafting
Dr. Houssock’s research has been widely published in peer-reviewed publications, and she has given informative presentations nationwide on topics such as body contouring, breast reconstruction, and cleft palate surgery.
Dr. Houssock has a long established commitment to service work and has volunteered her time and skills to such organizations as JeffSEAL (Students Educating and Advocating Literacy), JeffHOPE (Health, Opportunity, Prevention, Education), and Operation Smile. With Operation Smile she traveled to Guwahati, India in 2012 and recently went on a Cleft Surgical Mission Trip to Ubon, Thailand. On both occasions she was able to provide needed surgical care to local cleft lip and cleft palate patients of all ages.
To learn more about Dr. Houssock or schedule a consultation, please contact our office.