- Length of Treatment:2.5-3 hours
- Anesthesia: IV Sedation
- In Patient / Out Patient: In most cases, outpatient
- Potential Side Effects/Risks: Temporary numbness, discomfort, swelling, bruising, dry skin. Permanent scarring.
- Time off Work: Usually one week
- Physical Activity: About one month
- How Long Results Last: Variable. Gravity, aging, and pregnancy can all affect result duration
Breast Lift and Augmentation
Augmentation and lifting of the breast when done at the same time is called augmentation mastopexy. The mastopexy is the lifting portion of the procedure. The lift is created by tightening the envelope of breast skin and elevating the nipple position. The areola size is also reduced. A breast augmentation is performed at the same time to provide fullness in the upper portion of the breast and to compensate for the loss of volume that occurs with the removal of some breast skin.
Many factors can contribute to the sagging of the breasts – weight fluctuations, pregnancy, nursing, the aging process. But no matter what their cause, sagging breasts can make many women feel self-conscious, insecure or embarrassed about their bodies. An augmentation mastopexy or a mastopexy alone can restore what nature has taken away or even enhance the original and the spirit. A breast lift with or without augmentation can also be combined with other procedures for optimal contouring effect – for example, many patients that undergo breast lift also choose to supplement their results with liposuction or a tummy tuck.
Breast Lift and Augment Video Review
If you would like to learn more about breast lift or breast augmentation, please contact the office of Dr. James Vogel today.View More Before & After Photos